Table of Content:
- Prashar Lake Weather
- Facts about Prashar Lake
- Travelers Tips for Prashar Lake
- How to Reach Prashar Lake?
- Prashar Lake accommodation and eateries
- Prashar Lake Trek
- Nearby Places to visit in Prashar Lake
Prashar Lake Trek is present in the most beautiful region of India, Himachal Pradesh. The place has the essence of Himalaya. Himachal Pradesh is very well known for trekking, climbing, and skiing areas and trekking. Also, the reflection of the Tibetian presence is very strong here. Once you will reach Himachal Pradesh your doors for outdoor activities will be open. Prashar Lake is situated 49KM to the north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India. The glimpse of the beautiful flow of Sutlej River’s water is very calming and exciting. You can have that glimpse from the edge of Prashar Lake.
Prashar Lake height is 2,730 m which is covered in the lap of snow.
Prashar Lake Weather
Thinking about the perfect weather for traveling is very important and crucial. Because there is no guarantee of the mood to plan a trip. Prashar Lake Weather has a little diversion in an entire year. Prashar Lake’s temperature drops down by several degrees below zero. So don’t forget to keep your heavy woolen jackets and windproof jacket. For a person who is very enthusiastic about greenery, nature should visit the lake in April, May, and September. But for those who want to feel the chilling beauty of a snow-covered lake then planning a trip anytime from November to February is perfect.
Prashar Lake in Winter
If you have planned your trip for the winter season then you are lucky because during winter the entire lake is covered with white snow. You can do ice skating or skiing as well. Prashar Lake snowfall is mesmerizing. So if you want to have the experience of it then do visit the Prashar Lake in January. Also if you want then you can have a hot cup of tea or something to eat nearby Prashar Lake. If you want to do trekking in winter here then you may face some kind of difficulty.
Prashar Lake in Summer
The sunset is unforgettable here. If you are planning to visit Prashar Lake in the month of summer then you will have lots of adventurous things which you can do here. Like trekking, camping, and taking lots of beautiful photos of greenery nature. Also, the summer weather is very pleasant here. But still, you should carry light woolen cloth so that you can use them whenever you need that. Most probably during night time, you may use it. A jacket is not required.
Facts About Prashar Lake:
- Prashar Lake has a floating island in it.
- From the Perspective of Mythology. It is believed that the lake was created by the Bheem who is one of the brothers of Pandava.
- Prashar Lake trek distance is 15 KM.
- The surface area of Prashar Lake is 1 hectare (2.5 acres).
- There is a Patch of grass that moves from one end to another throughout the year.
- There is a temple which is dedicated to Sarge Parsharar.
- The style of Temple is known as Pagoda Style.
- It is believed that the saint has meditated here for quite a very long time.
- More than 1.5 million visitors visit Prashar Lake per year from all over the world.
- The depth of Prashar Lake is unknown.
- The elevation of Prashar Lake is 2,730 m (8956 ft).
- Prashar Lake temperature ranges from -5 degrees to 25-degree celsius throughout the year.
Travelers Tips for Prashar Lake
- If you are visiting Prashar Lake in summer then you should pack light cotton clothes and you can also have a light woolen cloth. The jacket is not required in the month of summer.
- Before leaving your place for Prashar Lake must check all the necessary or needy things which you may have to use during your trip.
- Keep your eyes on the weather forecast if you are thinking of visiting Prashar Lake during the winter season.
- In case your trip is planned for January and February then be ready to walk on your foot because a sometimes high amount of snow leads to closed roads.
- The mobile network is very rare there.
- Keep your cameras or photography equipment to shoot all those beautiful scenes.
- You can reach Prashar Lake by bus, train, by using an airplane. So choose your convenient method to reach Prashar Lake.
Best Time to Visit Prashar Lake:
It completely depends upon the individual. For the person who loves the winter season and wants to see the spread of beautiful white snow on the Prashar lake. Then those people must visit Prashar Lake in the month of January and February. But for those who love the greenery nature or environment more than the snowfall or white hills then. They should plan a trip for April, early May, and September. And for those who want to plan their trip for the month of monsoon. Then the time of monsoon is not that interesting even you will have to walk on the wet and muddy roads and hills. Most probably the rainfall will be beating on your head. But still, if you want to visit then don’t forget to keep your rain court with you.
How to Reach Prashar Lake?
There are over millions of people who are visiting Prashar Lake worldwide so it completely depends on where your trip is starting? The closest Airport to Prashar Lake is Bhuntar Airport. Another transportation method to use is by train. The closest railway station is Joginder Nagar Railway Station which is located 55 km away from Mandi. If you are planning to visit Prashar Lake from Delhi then also it depends on where in Delhi your trip will start. But the distance between Delhi to Prashar Lake is approximately 500 Km. By the way, no matter where your trip is starting you will have to reach the very first place which is Mandi. The entire distance between Mandi to Prashar Lake is not that much. It is about 49 KM.
Once you reach the Mandi you will have to take a taxi or bus to reach Baggi. There are two buses which leave from Mandi for Baggi. Baggi is the place where the beginning of the trail starts so you will have to walk now on the rocky roads.
Prashar Lake Accommodation and Eateries:
Once you will reach Mandi you can have your first light breakfast or lunch right opposite the bus station. Prashar Lake accommodation is like being in the lap of nature. Have you ever thought about camping in Prashar lake? If you are planning to spend your night under the sky while beautiful stars are twinkling and cold breezes are touching your faces. Then definitely Prashar lake camping will be completely worthy. But if you are someone who wants little comfort. Then don’t worry you will find hotel rooms as well. So for the person who wants to live in little comfort far from mosquitos sound and discomfort or irrational flow of cold air. Then you must inquire about the room first.
For those who are planning a Prashar lake trip with their families and friends and want a good place to stay at Prashar lake. Then you can call yourself lucky because there are many beautiful hotels to take a rest and spend your night peacefully after having a tiring trek to Prashar Lake.
Prashar Lake Trek
There are three best months to visit Prashar Lake for Trekking and camping. Those months are April, May, and September. During these months the trek will be more adventurous because of the perfect weather. Prashar Lake trekking is one of the best treks because of the openness of the place and walking on the rocky roads is a lot of fun. If you are thinking of trekking in the month of winter (January to February). It will be a little difficult because of the thick layer of snow all over the lake. But in the end, it will be absolutely worth all the efforts for the beautiful view. There are a lot of travellers who have mentioned that trek of Parashar lake Himachal is one of the best experiences they have.
Also Read : Trek to Triund: A Step by step Guide
Also, the Prashar lake trek in December will be bone-chilling. And Prashar lake trek in January will definitely test your hiking/trekking skills. So, keep your trekking gear or equipment with you. It may take you up to 4- hours to complete your trek. Prashar lake trek package is also the best option if you want to do the trekking without worrying about your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Even the accommodation will be managed by the package provider.
Nearby Places to Visit in Prashar Lake
- Pagoda Temple
- Kasol (approx. 92 km from Prashar Lake)
- Manali (approx 111 Km from Prashar Lake)
Prashar lake Guide – Prashar Lake is situated in Mandi. There are three-storied temples that stand tall on the bank. It has mythological mysterious stories that connect it to Mahabharata as well. The saint has done their meditation on the Prashar Lake. And having a floating Island makes it more desirable to visit this place. You can reach here any of the months but as stated above if you have any specific plan for trek and ice skiing then choose your month accordingly. Once you visit Prashar Lake you will not regret it. If you are someone for whom adventure is exciting.